Christine embraces life after SCAD
I'm now over five years post SCAD, just coming up to 55 and the happiest I have ever been in my life. So what's changed?
1. I got healthy through eating well and exercising moderately (gardening, yoga, walking, badminton).
2. I chucked my stressful job and now write a 50 plus lifestyle blog over at https://flowerpowerlife.wordpress.com/(link is external)
3. I re-joined my choir (Chester Ladies) and will become chairman next month. We are a registered charity and I will be doing lots of public speaking (as well as singing of course!).
4. My strategy for the future is 'always have the next holiday booked' so you have to be there for it!
5. I travel extensively, although on a budget.
6. I don't have much cash any more, but I spend on experiences, not things, which are no longer important.
7. I've embraced charity shops!
8. I am no longer scared of lifts (the worst already happened and I survived).
9. I no longer get panic attacks (ditto).
10. I still get PACS, days when I'm exhausted, and days when my heart seems to play up all day, but I have faith that it will pass, so I don't dwell on it. I take my medication and hope for the best.
So what does the future hold? Well, I'm thinking I may reach menopause this year (it's now seven months since my last period) with the hope that my PACS will go away, or at least improve. I'm waiting for my referral to Dr Adlam to come through so that I can perhaps ditch some of this medication. I want to travel more, blog more, experience more, do more and just have fun. I'm saying 'yes' to everything I can!